Your rights and how we use personal information.
This is the privacy statement of Celbridge Camera Club, and it relates to our privacy practices in connection with our website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
Celbridge Camera Club is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal data. We only collect what we need to offer our services and to do our work, and we take care to ensure it stays completely safe.
This privacy statement sets out how we use and protect any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you. The Club is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Acts of 1988 and 2003 (the “Data Protection Acts”) at all times. We will not collect any personal information (also referred to as personal data) about you on our website without your permission or otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
|Purpose||Data (key elements)||Basis|
|Enquiring about the Camera Club||Name, email, message||Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.|
|Subscribing to email updates about the Club||Name, email||Consent – you have given your active consent.|
|Signing up as a member||
Name, address, email, phone number
|Contract – by paying your membership fees you have entered into a contractual relationship with us as set out in our membership terms and conditions.|
|Website functionality||Website activity collected through cookies||
Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect.
How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table above. Your information will be used for the following purposes only:
- To provide and deliver the Club’s services
- To send Club announcements, only if you have given separate consent to do so.
- To contact you with important Club information
- To respond to your comments or questions
- To process payment transactions
- To provide invoices/receipts
- With reference to card payments, either online or in the Club, the credit/debit card number is never written or stored anywhere.
How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously. We only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time, and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this.
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission (DPC) if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Data Protection Commission (DPC) website here: https://www.dataprotection.ie/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to meet our contractual obligations to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to meet our obligations to you.
Information we may collect and process about you:
Information you give us
- Your name, address, Eircode, email address and phone number
- You may provide us with this information when you apply for membership, reply to an event invitation, or otherwise contact us via email, text or online form.
Information we may collect automatically
- Device IDs, IP addresses and other unique identifiers
- Your activity on our website, for example what pages you have visited
Third parties may collect information about you
When using our websites and platforms third parties may collect information about you. This can be controlled by adjusting the settings in your internet browsers.
Security of data
Celbridge Camera Club takes seriously its security obligations in respect of your personal data under the Data Protection Acts to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or destruction of personal data in our possession.